To help The School District of Palm Beach County manage costs, close gaps in care, and engage high-risk members, UnitedHealthcare put its analytic capabilities to work and discovered several major cost drivers for the School District:
- default_title19% Percentage of overall medical costs driven by diabetics.
- default_title7% Percentage of costs driven by pregnancy and perinatal diagnosis.
- default_title<1% Percentage of members completing a health assessment.
- Show More
The District partnered with UnitedHealthcare to implement a customized strategy, which took a holistic view of a member’s health. The strategy included a focus on wellness, plan design, disease management, member engagement, and achieving measurable cost savings for the School District.
- default_titleCombat diabetes and chronic disease trends.
- default_titleLower overall costs.
- default_titleEngage members in proactive health care.
- default_titleReduce the administrative complexities of administering retiree health plans while lowering their costs.
- Show More
- default_titleOffering preventive benefits like immunizations, preventive care check-ups, and routine annual screenings.
- default_titleMaking Disease Management Programs available at no additional cost to engage members already living with a chronic condition.
- default_titleEncouraging members to take advantage of NurseLine, a fully accredited service that helps improve health care decisions.
- default_titlePromoting UnitedHealthcare’s Premium® Designation Program, which helps members easily identify doctors and facilities that meet national standards for quality care and local benchmarks for cost efficiency.
- default_titleImplementing a Diabetes Health Plan that automatically enrolls pre-diabetics and diabetics to slow or eliminate the disease’s progression. It also offers savings on certain pharmaceuticals and diabetes related medical supplies, office visits, and condition-specific services.
- default_titleMaking available the Healthy Pregnancy Program, a personalized maternity wellness program that provides members with additional support and education throughout pregnancy.
- default_titleOffering a cost-effective solution for retirees that include moving post-65 retirees from an indemnity plan to a retiree plan – the UnitedHealthcare and AARP® Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plans. Because the AARP® Medicare Supplemental Plans are individual products, there are no group renewals to negotiate, further reducing administrative burdens.
- default_titleImplementing Wellness Rewards to encourage employees to complete an Annual Health Assessment along with setting healthy goals and obtaining key health screenings. United Healthcare’s Wellness Reward Program® links premium incentives to the completion of health assessments and biometric screenings.
- Show More