In an effort to create a healthier environment for our students, employees, and visitors, The School District of Palm Beach County implemented a comprehensive Tobacco Free Environment Policy (7.19). The revised policy was adopted by the School Board on April 18, 2012.
The new comprehensive 100% tobacco free policy became effective on July 1, 2012. This policy prohibits ALL tobacco use by everyone, everywhere on School District property (facilities, grounds and vehicles), at all times; including school events after regular school hours. There will no longer be any area designated for smoking or tobacco use. View this important policy through the District’s website at:
- default_titleProvides positive role modeling by adult employees and visitors.
- default_titleReduces children’s observation of tobacco use and takes a firm stand against it.
- default_titleSupports prevention messages delivered in classrooms by sending clear, consistent non-use messages.
- default_titleSupports families to protect children from a dangerous drug. Tobacco use is not just a “bad habit,” it is a powerful addiction.
- default_titlePrepares students for the reality of tobacco free workplaces.
- default_titleProvides a safe environment for students, staff, and visitors by reducing exposure to environmental tobacco smoke.
- default_titleProtects schools from unnecessary risk of future liability by prohibiting tobacco on school premises.
- default_titleReduces the risk of fires due to “smoking materials” from a cleaner campus without discarded tobacco materials.
- default_titleReduces healthcare costs and increases productivity.
- Show More
Thank you for everyone’s support with this important policy!
We are confident that this policy will provide a healthy, safe, learning and work environment for everyone - staff, students and community.
We appreciate your cooperation and support in keeping our School District tobacco free.